Friday 29 December 2017

Siblings Together Scrappy Rail Fence Quilt



Twenty-two months after starting to make up scrappy rail fence blocks I have finally finished a quilt for Siblings Together!  Not exactly speedy, I know, but a finish is a finish! 




I tried some large orange peel quilting on this one just for something different.  It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it does the trick and it washed in better than it looked initially.



Still attempting to use up my stash this year, I inserted some leftover yellow backing from another quilt into a long piece of yardage and even managed to get it pretty straight! (You can tell by the column of orange peels being more or less evenly positioned - phew.)

Albeit that I think my original intention was for this to be my contribution to Siblings Together 2016, it's still for the great charity and I'm sure it will be happily received as one of the 2018 quilts.



3 comments:

  1. It's a very cheery finish that will brighten someone's life. What a terrific way to end a year... any year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous and will be loved by the child who receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever receives this lovely quilt will be so lucky! With the bright, cheery colors it will surely bring happiness and comfort!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...