Monday 6 June 2016

Layers of Charm Birthday Quilt



It's my little brother's big birthday this week and I scraped in a finished binding on his quilt just before I threw a little family birthday lunch for him yesterday.  


Of course, there's no way I would ever have completed this quilt on time if it wasn't for the awesome quilting skills of Trudi.  It is great to have a quilter who listens to what you want and knows how to suggest some genius additions too.  Everybody who saw the quilt yesterday absolutely loves how she swirled this quilt but stitched up and down vertical lines in the low volume sections and then spiralled inside that pop of orange.


Can you believe it has been too bright and sunny here for the last two weeks for me to capture the quilting well on camera?

And yes, I forgot to take pics in the midst of food, cakes, two babies, picnic blankets and suncream!

I loved this one so much and it was such a pleasure to gift.  Thanks to the Layers of Charm pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop and some spectacular Trudification, this quilt turned out every bit as lovely as I'd hoped for my brother, who was amazed by all the science fabric I had collected for it.  And yes, I forgot to take pics of him sweltering under it on a sun chair in the midst of food, cakes, two babies, picnic blankets and suncream!


3 comments:

  1. What a perfect day for a birthday party! The quilt is stunning! I nominate 'Trudification' for the next issue of the Oxford dictionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beauty! I've been collecting blacks, whites and gray fabrics for a quilt for my daughter who wants just a punch of yellow tucked in. This would be a perfect pattern for her too! Being able to visualize it just helps so much! Thank you, Sarah! That quilting is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...