Friday 2 October 2015

A Quilt for Cutesy Tootsie



Last weekend I left this snuggly little bundle in the capable care of her daddy and met up with Di and Trudi in Edinburgh for the Stitch Gathering retreat day.  Before I tell you about that though (in another post soon) I have something gorgeous to share with you.



It seems that some love-filled scheming has been afoot since the arrival of my precious baby daughter earlier in the summer and some of my very dearest blogging and Instagramming friends have put their phenomenal skills together to make this adorable quilt for my Cutesy Tootsie.  Isn't it just so very beautiful?  And, so very pretty and girly (I am enjoying the pink indulgence after all the years of boy colours).


Di and Trudi did the honours of passing the quilt on to my little one via me on Saturday afternoon and as they told me all about this wonderful gift and how it had come together I admit that I shed some deep sobs that such a fantastic crew of lovely stitchers had made this specially for my tiny daughter.  I was rather overwhelmed y the loveliness of it all.

Archie the Wonder Dog's mum stitched up some blocks and co-ordinated the lot, receiving blocks from my friends at Bee Blessed - Judith (Just Jude), Marion, Lorraine, Ros, Ruth and Tina (Secret Ingredient Love), as well as from Catherine (Sew Wonderful Life), Nicky (Mrs Sew and Sow), Reene and Yvonne (Nellie's Niceties), Justine (Simply Solids) and Di and Trudi, of course.  Hope I haven't left anyone off the list - please shout if I have.



Di pieced the sweet flower, heart and butterfly blocks into a quilt top which was duly and magnificently Trudified with long arm quilting.  I hope you can see how amazing it is in these wee close ups.



Cutesy Tootsie is one very lucky little lady to be in receipt of such a kind and thought-filled gift.  I am looking forward to sharing the story of her quilt with her when she is a little older and telling her all about the wonderful, generous-spirited, kind-hearted women who created such a treasure for her.

I am not the first to say it, and know I won't be the last, but this sewing community is truly awesome!
Thank you so very much my lovely stitchy friends for creating this precious quilt for my precious girl.  Huge hugs and kisses from me!


10 comments:

  1. what a lucky lady you are to have such wonderful friends this is a real beauty can understand like you I have have been a sobbing mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! The quilt is beautiful and the gesture even more so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely to be a part of this quilt. You and Charlotte thoroughly deserve it! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved being part of the surprise and look forward to seeing the quilt. I'm sure it will be much loved by cutesy and mum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babies need to be welcomed into the world and a quilt us a good way of doing it ;) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilt is beautiful and I am sure your little one will love the story as she gets older of her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, it came out so well, and I was so delighted to be part of it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful quilt, I hope you both enjoy some snuggling under it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of this quilt to welcome C.T into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Built for the cute and delicate means and prospects of the determent. It is enshrined and writing a cv for me qualities for the right and exact conception. It is the future of the many and all people. It is rightly mentioned and ensured. Its efficiency and quality is observed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...