Sunday 30 November 2014

Pixellated Heart Baby Quilt

Presenting my scaled down version of Katy's Pixellated Heart Quilt from Issue 1 of Quilt Now magazine - ta da!

Those fold lines have come out a bit too clearly in the pic - ugh!
I loved this quilt when I flipped through the magazine's first issue and decided that it would make a perfect baby girl quilt option for my cousin whose second baby is due at Christmas.  (For my boy option see this post.)  As the original is more or less double bed sized, I opted to re-size this one using 2.5" cut squares for my pixels.  So, this quilt finishes at 42.5" square.

I had intended to quilt it with straight line grids either side of the seam lines but after stitching all of the horizontal lines I called it quits because it was getting a little bit stiff.  I guess that was just a bit much quilting for pixels of this size.

Anyway, there it is - pretty, pink and suitably baby girlish!

Also adding that this is another FAL finish - yay!

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely, I am drawn to every pixelated heart quilt I see. If you give it a wash the stiffness will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see it finished - bravo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. both the boy and the girl quilt are fantastic Sarah. Your cousin should be delighted with either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I just came across your blog today an dove everything I have seen so far. I am now a happy Bloglovin follower. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...