Wednesday 1 October 2014

FAL Quarter 3 2014: Round Up


Finish Along 2014


Quarter 3 was busy in real life and distracted by a summer of sunshine here which it would've been churlish to ignore by locking myself in the sewing room (that's my excuse anyway).  Original goals listed here.

So what did I manage to finish?



1 - Ruby Churn Dash bed quilt
Carrying over from my Qtr 2 list, this top needs to be quilted and bound and placed on my bed.  I am hatching a plan. My plan was to send it to Trudi for a long arm quilting spa experience.  It's back and finished and on my bed! 



2 - Kaffe Fassett Sparkling Gemstones Quilt
Again carrying over from Quarter 2, these fabrics have been set aside for a Pam Lintott Sparkling Gemstones quilt pattern.  They have waited an awfully long time for some attention, perhaps they'll get lucky this quarter?!  Well, they got attention and were stitched into a top but aren't quite a finish yet. Looks like I'll be carrying this one over again.





3 - Aeroplane Bag
Rather letting the cat out of the aeroplane bag with my fabric selection here, but I've been keen to make a larger carry-on/weekender type bag for a while and settled on the Aeroplane bag pattern a month or so ago.  I have finally gathered all the requisite supplies and hope that this bag will feature heavily in my July sewing activity.  (For those of you hoping to see the orange zip, sorry!)  I managed a finish on the aeroplane bag and am looking forward to some travels with it now.



4 - Crocheted Rag Rug
I shall play hopeful here and add in the crocheted rag rug which I've been puzzling over. If the weather plays nice this would be an ideal project for sitting outdoors with.  As it's a scrappy project I have no idea if I even have enough fabric strip rolls to complete it yet, but maybe I will ...  This was fun to work on, even if a little hard on the fingers.  I finished it and even managed to draft my first crochet pattern as a result.


Three out of four planned finishes is still progress, right?  

This summer I think I may have been better at planning and starting new projects than focusing on what should be finished, so I should have plenty to choose from when making my Quarter 4 Goal list.

Linking up with Katy at The Littlest Thistle.



7 comments:

  1. I think we are all better starters than finishers!!! This is a lovely display of summer sewing! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 lovely quilts and the bag and rug good too lots to show for the summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did brilliantly! Three finishes and progress on the fourth? Can't ask better than that really, can ya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, and incidentally love the big supply of books. I do love a house with lots of books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some beauties in this post! You know I love the first two quilts and your aeroplane bag is fab!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...