Friday 11 July 2014

HipBees - July 2014



HipBees' July Queen Bee is the adventurous Indianna Dreams who requested these Scrappy Mini Star blocks using Cindy's handy tutorial.

Four blocks

In the interests of telling it like it is, these blocks are individually made up of 60 pieces each which is a lot of seams to tame to get the block to come in on size and FLAT.  A consistent seam allowance and your iron will be your friend for these babies.  I hope that Indianna Dreams will forgive my inconsistencies and that they will disappear into the quilt when it's all together.

The fabrics are mostly Lark, I think, and they really are effective in the scrappy deliciousness of these blocks.  The secondary pattern is much more obvious when you add more and more blocks together. This should be a scrappy sensation when it's finished.

8 comments:

  1. I never counted the pieces! I just went with the flow! It does sound more daunting when you addit up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a star doing the extra blocks. Thank you. They are lovely. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's a are work block but worth the effort I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey! Those are mega blocks, and I don't mean in size! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks mighty complicated to me, you have done a great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cr*p that's a lot of bits. I'm now more forgiving of the 2nd set of spiderwebs lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. 60 bits .... I'm so sorry, I never counted them before I asked. It will look good when it's finished

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, haven't they got a lot of pieces in them?!! They're gorgeous, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...