Sunday 9 March 2014

Money where my mouth is

As you know, a few weeks back I was encouraging you all to do whatever you can to give Alison a wee hand with her Soy Amado quilt project.  To prove that I'm prepared to do the very thing I was encouraging you all to do, I decided to take my pile of Bee blocks and turn them into a finished quilt for a child from the kids' home in Mexico City.



My second set of hipBees blocks are bright, fun and fresh and hopefully now they'll show a little bit of thoughtfulness from me and the bees and keep a child warm at night.


I'm pleased with the backing too, and all our Bee siggies are on there as a reminder of everyone who contributed to the quilt.  My thanks to my hipBee friends for their lovely blocks and for being supportive of my decision to donate this quilt to the Soy Amado project.

Now I just need to get it to the Post Office!

Oh, and I do believe it constitutes another FAL finish too!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and a great cause. So lovely of you to donate your bee quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing Sarah and what a wonderful thing to do xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very generous of you both time and fabric. It is a lovely quilt and will brighten someone's day

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt. You are so generous to give it away. Love the sigi blocks on the back! Someone is really pleased

    ReplyDelete
  5. It look gorgeous! Pleased to have been able to help you make this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a nice idea! Sarah, it's absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so good that you are sending this to Mexico, it will make a child very happy to have their own quilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt and fab cause, is going to make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for getting it finished! It will be loved a lot, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so bright and cheerful.. and such a good home for it to go to xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fab quilt Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this and it will certainly be loved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous fabulous fabulous! You made a whole quilt!!!
    I am working on some blocks for Mexico City too, but I can not manage a whole quilt.
    You are wonderful, amazing A WHOLE QUILT!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea to donate this bright happy quilt to some little person in need x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous and thank you very much - you have no idea how nice it is to see whole quilts being donated as it's quite slow going for me churning out the assembled QAYG blocks into quilts so this is a lovely boost. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic, Sarah! Beautiful quilt for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...