Wednesday 25 September 2013

Liebster Award

The lovely Jess, daughter of Reene@Nellie's Niceties was kind enough to nominate my blog for a Liebster Blog Award today.  Thank you Jess!

Jess has set her nominees 11 questions to answer so you can learn a little bit more about us, so here goes: -

Q1. What’s your favourite genre of music?
I like a real mixture of music from pop, classical and other genres I'm not sure even exist these days.  If I tell you that I know far too many words to a lot of country music songs would you think badly of me?  (My dad was a HUGE fan so I grew up listening to lots of Country Greats compilation albums.)


Q2. What’s your favourite fabric line?
Ruby by Bonnie and Camille - a million times over.

Q3. Where in the world do you want to visit?

Rome again.  Hubby and I went for a long weekend some years ago but there is so much more we didn't see that I'd love to.

Q4. Which celebrity would you most like to meet?

I truly have no idea.  I'm not a big celeb follower, though maybe someone like Judi Dench.

Q5. What was your favourite subject at school?

English - loved it!  Shakespeare, Chaucer, Dickens, the Brontes - I just couldn't get enough of them.

Q6. Do you dance even if there is no music playing?

That would be telling!  Ok then, I might ...  (I also dance really badly whether there's music or not.  I missed out on the co-ordination gene.)

Q7. What was the first album/single you bought?

Stevie Wonder's 'I just called to say I love you' - think I was about 10.

Q8. Do you play games (video or board)? If so, what’s your favourite one?

I play Bejewelled and Mahjong when I'm waiting to pick my son up from his many activities.  Try not to play at home or my family would never get fed!

Q9. What is your favourite type of weather?

Crisp autumnal or spring days when its cool and fresh, but not with the wind howling and rain pouring.  The kind of days when you can snuggle in cosy clothes and scarves but don't quite need to be dressed like the Michelin man!

Q10. Do you scrapbook?

No, never have.

Q11. Have you played/do you play an instrument?

In a spirit of honesty I have to admit to having had piano lessons briefly as a child.  I hated them so much I "forgot" to go to them (and mum always forgot too).  Well, there was a big slathering dog at the teacher's house and the place smelled really awful, you wouldn't have wanted to go either.  I regret that I didn't just ask to change teacher.


I think I will spare you the optional 11 random facts about me following those enlightening answers!

I've been nominated for Liebster Awards a few times before and it's always lovely when someone highlights your blog, though I notice that with each round there seems to be a bigger no of questions to answer and no of new blogs to nominate.  Honestly, I don't think I have 5 - 11 new blogs with less than 200 followers to introduce you to.  So, Jess I hope you won't mind if I'm unable to manage this part of the commitment this time and thanks a million for thinking of my blog in your own nominations!


2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing you in a whole new light (dancing around the house to Stevie Wonder!!). Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to read about you and what makes you tick! Congratulations on your nomination

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...