Tuesday 2 July 2013

Revealing Me - FQR London 2013

The FQR folks have suggested that those of us heading off to London in a few weeks post a wee self-intro here on our blogs.  So here goes...



This is me.  I'm Sarah and I live in the countryside (read backside of nowhere really) in Northern Ireland and I love it!  I work part-time, and have the best hubby and son a girl could ask for (well, unless Pierce Brosnan wants to make me an offer).

I sew when I can (but you'll have guessed that already) and love the community of blogging where there are other folks out there interested and excited by similar things to me.

This year is my first trip to FQR and I am approaching it with an equal measure of excitement and trepidation, I think!  I'm sure once I actually find my way to where I'm meant to be it'll all be grand!  Most of all I am looking forward to meeting my bloggy friends, some I've met before and some for the first time.

You will find me hanging out at the portholes, embroidery, needleturn applique and touchdraw classes.  Maybe I'll see some of you there.

If I show you a photo of my FQR project pouches you'll be looking at a lot of Ikea self-seal baggies rather than wondrous handmades.  But I was the very blessed recipient of an amazing mini-weekender handmade by my brilliant friend Di, so I will have somewhere fabulous to stow all those Ikea project bags!




I'll be the one carrying this beauty, so please say "hello" if you see me!

Linking up with the FQR linky party.


15 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet you and I'm a first timer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I for one, am delighted that you decided to jump over the water to come to the FQR. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going for the second time and I'm sure you will love it once you are there! Love the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long live ikea zip lock bags! ( i have tons of them in my sewing room too! ) lots of fun at the fqr!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous bag! It's my first time at retreat too and I'm in portholes and needleturn appliqué. Can't wait to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a wonderful time for all of us who cannot come xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look forward to meeting you and getting a closer look at your fab mini weekender :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are coming- it will be great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous weekender!! Look forward to seeing you at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're going to love it! I just hope I can be there with you loving it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like you will have a great time, what is the FQR group please, great bag I am sure it will get lots of envious looks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, have an amazing time! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bag, and looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous bag, you and it will have a ball!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...