Sunday 9 June 2013

Strawberries and Cream

June is the month of strawberries and cream and sunshine.  Yes, there actually has been some sunshine this June!  And, strawberries and cream is what my beautiful returned blocks from those busy hipBees remind me of.

May was my month as the hipBees Queen Bee and I sent out little parcels of red and cream fabrics with a request for the Bees to make me any block they like using just three fabrics.  Here are the amazing blocks they sent back -


A great wonky log cabin from Tanya


Rachel experimented with this fab 3d pinwheel block 
(and then went on to make lots more for a lovely quilt of her own)


Judith made me an Antique Tile Block - I love this block every time I see one!



Lynz created a brilliant weathervane


and kept going to make up a churn dash from the little pieces leftover!


Reene sent a lot of love in her block - isn't it cute?


Di stitched a pretty friendship star with an on-point square in the centre


Karen mixed things up with two disappearing 4 patch blocks


 Catherine made me chuckle with her very ambitious 78 HSTs 
(some were extras, not all in the block itself)
- all this effort because I had threatened to set a block for the Bees with more HSTs
 than Catherine's choice of the LynneBobSquarePants block a few months ago!


Fiona sent a gorgeous friendship star too - quite appropriate for a Bee quilt, don't you think?


Jan choose this lovely twinkler with fussy cut centres


And, Collette doubled up on her star to make me this block.

I love all of these blocks and say a huge thank you to my hipBee lovelies for creating such beautiful and diverse blocks for my quilt, and for adhering to my request that blocks be returned promptly as I hope to be able to piece them in to a top and bring the top to FQR to share with the hipBees who are coming along.  I need to make a few extra blocks myself when my machine is back from the friendly repair man, but hopefully I will still make my self-imposed deadline.

Thanks a million girls!  I knew you wouldn't let me down!


9 comments:

  1. It is going to be such an amazing quilt Sarah-all those blocks are fantastic. Can't wait to see the end result

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow don't they look fab all lined up like that? I bet you're itching to start sewing them together x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see this one all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What super, lovely blocks. Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they are so beuatiful Sarah! This is going to be stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our pleasure. Looking forward to seeing you do your magic and making these block into a quilt. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fantastic! The finished quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is going to be one amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...