Saturday 15 June 2013

Making Me Smile - 24/52


Between you and me I kinda missed Making Me Smile post no 23 - last week was more stressy than smiley, but that's ok because this week there's a load to smile about!  I look like I slept with a coathanger in my mouth my smile is so wide today!  And here's why ...


On Thursday morning my great friend Judith brought me a house guest - the gorgeous Di!  

We started our morning with home baked raspberry and white chocolate scones and freshly brewed tea and coffee.  I was doing my best domestic goddess imitation which lasted about half an hour and then I completely forgot all the things domestic goddesses should remember when entertaining because I was having way too much fun chatting and laughing!!  Things pretty much continued in that vein throughout the day and on into Friday morning too.

The past two days with Judith and Di have been a true and timely God-send.  They have been just the breath of fresh air a girl needs!  Thank you ladies - to know the blessing of good friends is truly not to be underestimated!

And, to top it all off, Di came bearing this amazing gift - all for me!


I love these fabrics - such a sweet, fun bag!


Beautifully lined and pocketed too!

I believe I may have squealed when she presented me with this super mini weekender!  I love everything about this bag - the fabrics, the shape, the size and most of all the thoughtfulness and generosity of heart that made Di make it bring it for me.  Thank you so, so very much, Di!  Seems I needn't worry any longer about being the only FQRer without a handmade bag to show off!!

 Smile, smile, smile, smile, smile!  What a great few days!!

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous gift! Sounds like you all had a fantastic time and obviously just what you needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW the bag is just more gorgeous in real life! So glad you all had a fabulous time :) x. Not long til FQR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bag! And a lovely, thoughtful gift. Good times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey you lucky thing - glad you are smiling again x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a great time!! Glad you had fun and love that bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww what a great time!! Glad you had fun and love that bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so good to have friends to stay... esp when they come bearing gifts xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. *jaw drops* YOU got the Russian Weekender? You lucky, lucky girl! But if it -along with the girls themselves, obviously - was a balm to your un-smilies then I won't grudge you it. Well. Not tooooo much.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift from Di. You always look super smiley in pictures. Glad you had a lovely time after a difficult week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you Sarah, love the bag. Hope your weeks get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous bag! Sounds like you ladies had a brilliant visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally spoiled us with those homemade scones! Bring on the next get together! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a gorgeous bag, now I need to step up my game, I'm going to feel dowdy at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me say, those scones were melt in your mouth types. Yummy. I had a fab time with both you and Judith, it was just such a special time. Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...