Sunday 16 September 2012

All Came Good in the End

As you are all painfully aware by now the Ruby quilt I have been making as a wedding gift for my cousin has been a sorry saga - desperate quilting, a hole in the back (discovered after I'd quilted), binding stitched on to the back instead of the front before I realised and I could go on, but I won't bore you. Anyway,  for better or worse it's now finished and ready for gifting to the newlyweds next week.



For all the mistakes I made along the way, this quilt is still beautiful and that reminded me a little of my own marriage.  So, that's the blessing that I'll be sending with this quilt - that these newlyweds will know that marriage can be beautiful even if it's not always perfect.

In case you are interested the free pattern for the quilt is here.

10 comments:

  1. Ruby is still beautiful and your cousin will love her. I too have done the binding the wrong way but only I could see it. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All quilts should have a story, and this one certainly has! Beautiful! jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH B****R you've just made me realise why the machine binding on the quilt I finished last night is so awful- I sewed onto the front first instead of the back like a "normal" quilt, when it would have been much tidier the other way round when machining it. I am actually going to have to unpick the whole lot and do it by hand I think. Next weekend.

    Your quilt is really lovely by the way- I've always wanted to make one a bit like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning and a great story! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! The sentiment is rather lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its gorgeous and they are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's stunning and I love the story that goes with it. It will make it all the more special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, I've half a mind to have a go at it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous, Sarah, and, as Judith says, the story makes it all the more meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure will be well loved by the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...