Wednesday 18 July 2012

Got the Wiggles



A short while ago, Emily put out a call for some help to gather Wiggly bags for her friend's local charity and children's hospital. I wanted to have a go at these little bags as I know that a few of us making a little contribution can suddenly make quite a difference somewhere, to someone.  And, besides they were quick and easy and fun to stitch up.

These simple little velcro pouches with tape ties are used for holding the hickman lines (catheter tubes inserted in the chest for the administration of chemotherapy and other medication) used in children's cancer care.  Emily has posted a Wiggly bag tutorial here.  If you fancy putting some of your scraps to good use why not drop Emily a wee comment on her post so she can send you the mailing address.



4 comments:

  1. I've got my fabric pulled and waiting. All I need is a trip to town to get the twill tape. You've done loads. Emily will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wiggly bags. The kids will love them. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I think the link to the tutorial is broken though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Thank you so much Sarah, they are wonderful, bright and colourful, the kids will love them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...