Friday 1 July 2011

BQS Mini-Quilt Arrived!

Look what the Postman brought to me today courtesy of the lovely Lynda (flickr name - quack quack 22) in the first ever round of the Brit Quilt Swap! Isn't it lovely?

The star of the show!


What you can't see from this photo is that every one of those 16 blocks is just 3.75" square and the 24 tiny leaves are just 1.25" tip to tip!  Lynda has put so much detail and effort into this beautiful quilt and I cannot thank her enough.  She has also been a pretty good sleuth and spotted this year's purple and green theme that I have going on!  I loved this little quilt when I saw it pop up as a work in progress on the BQS flickr group and am slightly in awe of it as I could never do that amazing applique border work that Lynda has poured her heart into for me.  Honestly folks, the photos don't do this little beauty justice! (I'm a quilter, not a photographer!)

As if the amazing quilt wasn't enough, Lynda included some little extras too.

Goodies!


A set of pieced HSTs and a set on the foundation paper (thanks Lynda - that foundation paper template for HSTs is really useful to know about), and the most adorable coin purse which has room for a few essential cards as well.

Aren't these gorgeous colours?

Room for cards too!


I love it all Lynda - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I think this quilt suits you very well. I am so pleased you got one that you love and another smile on your face after a tough couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautiful quilt. You lucky duck! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Perfect for you and so pretty to look at while you recuperate :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do try to respond to every comment, but forgive me if occasionally time does not permit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...